by Robert Morris
“But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Acts 1:8 NKJV
Have you ever received really bad news, and yet you somehow sensed an unbelievable peace and knew everything was going to be okay? That was the Holy Spirit working in your life. When you don’t have enough faith on your own, the Holy Spirit gives you the faith you need to make it through. He empowers you and gives you peace. You just have to be open to receive His help.
The only way you can receive His help is by spending time in prayer. Prayer alone prepares you to hear the Holy Spirit and receive His gifts. The more time you spend in prayer, the more clearly you are able to hear His voice and the less often you mistake it for your own.
The Holy Spirit continually intervenes miraculously in our lives, but we often think it’s mere coincidence. The reality is the Holy Spirit not only wants to do miracles in your life, He also wants to do miracles through your life. Nothing is too hard for the Holy Spirit. He wants to empower you on a daily basis. The Holy Spirit is everywhere, and His gifts are for every believer—including you! Are you open to receive His gifts and His help today?
What is the Holy Spirit saying to me?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
• Seek the Lord every day, listen for His voice and be transformed by His Holy Spirit.
• When you have a decision to make, take the time to ask God for His will in the situation.
• When you’re praying, don’t do all the talking. Be still, and allow the Holy Spirit to talk to you.
• Ask the Holy Spirit to direct and redirect your prayer life so that you are constantly in relationship with Him.
• The Holy Spirit wants to give you faith to believe for certain things that you’ve been praying for. Receive that faith today! Don’t doubt and don’t talk yourself out of it!
Romans 8:26–27; Galatians 4:6; James 5:13–18; John 14:12; John 16:7; Psalm 55:16–17; Jeremiah 29:12–13; Psalm 51:1–3